Across the board, the government is making cuts to ACC that will affect you. Public opposition is widespread, with various action groups forming regularly. This is a call out to all those affected by this issue, to come together, discuss, plan, and brainstorm ideas to stop these cuts once and for all.
A brief summary of changes so far…
- End of free physiotherapy treatments
- Sexual abuse survivors will have to be diagnosed with a mental illness to qualify for free councilling
- Motorcycle registration up to $750 for bikes bigger than 600cc
- Moped and scooter registration up $30
- Car registration up $30
- “Average worker” taxes up $345 per year
- No councilling or support for families affected by suicide
- Possible privatisation
- What next?