From Oct 15th Solidarity: You probably haven’t heard much in recent weeks about the upcoming trial for Taame, Rangi, Emily and Urs. The four are the last to still face charges from the state terror raids of 15th October 2007 and their trial will start on 13th February 2012 in the Auckland High Court.
There is plenty of things you can do. Here are a few ideas:
1. Talk to your whanau, friends and workmates about the trial and get them signed up to the email list and ‘like’ our facebook page to stay up to date: https://www.facebook.com/pages/October-15-Solidarity/25598818522
2. If you are in Auckland or planning to come to Auckland for the trial (or some of it – it is expected to last three (!) months), have a think about what you could do in terms of political and practical solidarity.
3. If you are a member of a union or a political group, get a story about this trial printed in your magazine to make the links between this trial and political activism and aspirations for tino rangantiratanga.
4. Write a letter to the editor – a great way to keep this show-trial in the public’s mind.
5. Watch ‘Operation 8’ – you can get it at many Video stores and libraries. Or you can buy a copy here: http://cutcutcut.com/Operation8.html
If you are in Christchurch, there may be a meeting to co-ordinate support coming soon. Watch this space.